Ah I love it when my husband returns from a trip away (in this case three weeks in the UK and Canada), not only do both Isobel and I get presents (in my case I got what I wanted – a large quantity of maple syrup and a cople of huge tobberlone) but I also get the added bonus of Isobel only wanting to play with Daddy. It’s nice not to have to play endless rounds of hide-and-seek or get covered in Play-doh for a change. Jet Lag? What’s that darling?
Another advantage is that I get to write this post (which I’ve been trying to do for over a week now). I was delighted to recieve a nomination for a Versitile Blogger Award from fellow blogger Jen over at Baking Bohemian – thank you so much Jen! It’s lovely to see that my blog has made an impression over the Tasman.
If (like me) you aren’t familiar with the Verstile Blogger Award it’s something that bloggers nominate each other for by way of recognition of a great blog. It also helps bloggers introduce their blog to a new audience via links on the nominating blog site and the VBA blog.
To get the VBA there are a few things you have to do…
- Thank and link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
- Share 7 things about yourself that you readers may not know.
- Select 15 other worthy blogs and give the VBA to them (and let them know!).
So 7 things you may not know about me…
- I love comic book movies – in fact anything that that huge explosions, silly action sequences, car chases and funny spandex outfits and I’m there with bells on. None of this worthy, subtitled, award-winning cinema stuff for me. I like movies where stuff blows up. Needless to say I looooooooved The Avengers - comic book movie nivarna.
- I’m also a sucker for the long weekend disaster themed made-for-tv mini series. Earthquakes, astroids, floods, volcanoes and deadly-disease outbreaks make for a memorable long weekend for me.
- My mother-in-law introduced me to my husband. She was a book rep, I was her customer and she ‘sold’ me on her son. Seems to have worked out well in the long run!
- I can’t stand coffee. I only drink tea (Twinnings English Breakfast preferably). Funny thou, when I was pregnant, I craved coffee from the second trimester onwards (first trimester was all about not eating).
- I don’t mow laws. Never have. Never will. Despite my husband nagging me about it… not gonna happen darling!
- I have size 11 feet and (just to make it worse) am fussy about shoes. No one ever wants to go shoe shopping with me. My poor daughter is not even 3 years old yet and already wears kiddy shoes in size 9. Poor girl is doomed.
- I hate getting my photo taken… still not sure why I signed up to Hottest Home Baker – must have been a moment of sugar deprived insanity.
The next part of the VBA is to nominate 15 other blogs that I love. So, in no particular order here is a mix of NZ and internationa blogs that I persuse on a regular basis. Let them know I sent you!
- Made from Scratch
- Heartbreak Pie
- Practice Bakes Perfect
- Alessandra Zecchini
- Call Me Cupcake
- Smash Cakes
- Kara’s Cakes
- Julie Le Clerc
- The Baking Diary
- Mrs Cake
- Sprinkle Bakes
- My Darling Lemon Thyme
- Alice Band’s Blog: Life of a Naval Wife